I turned 38 last week. During the last month I experienced the following. I am sharing this with you so you will recognize the signs that you’re nearing forty…
- If you pull a shoulder muscle in your sleep.
- Which leads to your husband buying you a Tempur-Pedic pillow for your birthday and you’re actually happy about it.
- If you find a gray hair.
- In your chin.
- If you fall asleep on the couch at roughly the same time you went out to keg parties in college.
- When you go shoe shopping and consider how comfortable the high-heels are, versus how high the high-heels are.
- If someone asks, “Is that a tattoo?”
- And you reply, “No, it’s a spider vein.”
And, you really know you’re nearing forty…
- When you take all of the above and completely own it.
- Because the best thing about getting older is knowing that life is too short to give a damn.