1. When you are celebrating your 12th anniversary, it is a good idea to take a road trip with your husband so the two of you can reconnect without the kids or the dogs around.
2. But, you may find that you are so tired because of insomnia which has plagued you for 11 of those 12 years, that you will sleep the entire way to your destination.
3. Which seriously prevents that reconnecting stuff.
4. When your husband stops near the hotel and asks where he can find a carry-out, you may be surprised to find yourself looking for a place called The Whore House. And, when you see it’s actually named The Pour House, and that your husband misheard, you’ll feel a lot better about spending your money there.
5. Staying in a nice hotel and taking a bubble bath in a jacuzzi tub with no kids around, will seem a like a little slice of heaven.
6. Seafood buffets in the Midwest can be really good and even though eating oysters on the half-shell in Indiana will seem insane, you will do it anyway.
7. Splurging on a seafood buffet the night before your anniversary means you will eat Burger King for lunch on your actual anniversary.
8. When you get home, even though it’s been a decade since you last saw it, your husband won’t want to watch your wedding video again.
9. Instead you’ll sit in your regular spot on the love seat and look over at him in his regular spot on the couch.
10. Then you’ll hope for many more years of seeing him right there.