1. If your 75 year old mother is preparing to move and keeps telling you how hard it is because she “has so much stuff”, you won’t believe her until you see it for yourself.
2. Because apparently you can’t have too many vases.
3. Or soap dishes.
4. Or canister sets.
5. And, clearly, everyone needs a set of everyday dishes and three separate sets of fine china.
6. Your sister, who lives with your mother part-time, and who was home ALL summer, may suddenly disappear to northern Ohio for “grad school” and “trade shows” and won’t come home from the time your mother decides to move, until one week after the move is completed.
7. Which leaves you to pack her stuff up.
8. And, when I say “pack” I mean put her things into hodge-podge boxes, cart them across town, lug them into the new house and up a flight of steps, then throw them in a corner.
9. Your sister is lucky you love her.
10. Because she’s a pack-rat.
11. You may be really excited to have this Friday off work, only to realize your mom really wants you to paint her new living room and dining room.
12. Your mom is lucky you love her too.
13. And when your mom lives just two minutes away instead of 25 minutes away, all of this will be worth it.