1. You know you are a true chocoholic when you realize there isn’t a chocolate nut cluster in the world that stands a chance against you.
2. Or, a peanut butter blossom.
3. If your son has never had an instance where he has scratched his crotch in public, you can be sure he will do it for the first time in the middle of his school Christmas play.
4. When he’s standing directly in front of the principal.
5. And, you can be sure he’ll do it for a second time when he’s performing during the children’s Christmas Eve Mass.
6. While standing in front of an entire congregation.
7. And your priest.
8. You may underestimate how bad of a charades player your sister says she is, until she acts out West Side Story by simply belting out, “Maria…”
9. If your daughter gets a camera for Christmas, it’s possible that she will think she is the next Annie Lebovitz and you will have to pose for pictures for days on end.
10. And, during those days on end when you’ve been living off of beer, wine, egg nog, rum, Bailey’s and apple pie, you probably won’t look very pretty in those photographs.
11. When you are 38 years old and your parents still spoil you, you’ll feel like a kid again.
12. If you are participating in a White Elephant gift exchange, you won’t feel so bad about contributing something tacky when you receive a clock from 1982. With dust on it.
13. If you have to make three different trips to the carry out in the middle of your family gathering, you will realize that you are related to a forgetful bunch.
14. Either that, or they drink a lot.