1. If, over the holidays, you ate your weight in peanut butter blossoms and chocolate nut clusters, you may want to consider that it’s time for a diet.
2. If you decide on a low-carb diet then, by all means, make sure you work in a place where homemade apple crisp is made so that you can test your willpower when you smell it.
3. And you see it.
4. And you watch 200 kids eating it.
5. If your low-carb diet allows you to eat certain carbs, like Grape Nuts and Shredded Wheat, they will taste like the best treat you’ve ever had.
6. Then you may find yourself going through a lot of Grape Nuts.
7. And toilet paper.
8. You may think that bread baked without flour is the worst thing you’ve ever tasted.
9. Until you try milled flax seed and soy hot cereal.
10. Even if you add a lot of cinnamon.
11. And Splenda.
12. If you are at the grocery store you might find yourself standing in the frozen food section seriously considering the purchase of low-carb ice cream.
13. But, then the rational part of you will realize that you’ll end up eating nothing but ice cream.
14. Then you may find yourself going home and being thankful that your pants feel just a little more loose.
15. And you’ll celebrate.
16. With a bowl of Grape Nuts.