1. You know you’ve seen a lot of snow when the meteorologists are predicting six to nine more inches and you think, “Please. That’s nothing but a dusting.”
2. Winter storm warnings take on a whole new meaning when there are icicles as tall as your children hanging from your gutters and trees.
3. You may forget about those icicles until you’re grabbing the morning paper and you open the front door only to have a dozen of them fall on your head.
4. No matter how many times you go to the grocery store, if it’s a snow day you will suddenly be out of bread and milk.
5. And, beer.
6. If your one year old puppy enjoys chewing on ice cubes, she will really enjoy eating the huge, filthy chunks of ice that fall off of cars as they drive down your street.
7. If you have two children and a husband who walks three miles every morning, there will be so many wet clothes that your dryer will work overtime.
8. So will your mop.
9. There are not enough movies, or games, or jigsaw puzzles to get kids through two weeks of snow storms.
10. Which means there is not enough patience to get a frazzled mom through them either.