A funny thing happens when, in a seven-day period, you have three doctor’s appointments, your car gets broken into, you take your kids trick-or-treating, have friends over for dinner, then your other friends open an art gallery, you attend a Cub Scout outing and fill thirty-six bags full of leaves. Thirty. Six.
All of that? Means you don’t have time for a blog post.
So, in light of the events of the last week, and in lieu of an actual post, here is a continuation of my Life List.
11. Visit the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem. Probably not the safest place to travel, but I’m willing to risk it.
12. Get a tattoo. This will be over my husband’s dead body.
13. Taste each chocolate in the Intense collection from Richart Chocolates. The categories are Balsamic, Roasted, Fruity, Citrus, Herbal, Floral and Spiced. Need I say more?
14. Go skinny dipping. This won’t be pretty, so I’ll likely go it alone.
15. Grow my own tomatoes. Because my in-laws are probably tired of giving us all of theirs.
16. Take a dance class. I’d like it to be an old-school, hip-hop class, but I’m close to 40 and I think it might be illegal to shake my groove thing like that in public. Polka, anyone?
17. Learn how to properly skip a stone. Though, not at the same time as #14.
18. Sample 100 types of beer. Natural Light Ice, I am not talking to you.
19. Renew my wedding vows with my kids present. That sound you just heard? That was my husband screaming.
20. Breed a dog and keep one of the puppies. Yep, that’s still my husband.