1. If you have never heard of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), then you must not live in Ohio. We invented it.
2. Not really, but we could have.
3. Vitamin D supplements don’t make up for the missing sunshine, no matter how much you take.
4. And, don’t take too much or it will lead to a different disorder, entirely.
5. Don’t let Mother Nature fool you when she orders up 65 degree temperatures in mid-February.
6. Because it only lasts long enough for things to start thawing.
7. And, for your dog to start rolling in poop and in dead animals that have been laying under a bed of snow for months.
8. But, of course, it’s too cold to bathe your dog with a hose.
9. Which is when you will seriously consider taking her to the car wash.
10. There is no doubt, however, that you would let your dog roll in just about anything, and you would put up with the cold and the Vitamin D overload, if you could just see a blue sky again.
11. Because, really Ohio? This perpetual gray is getting pretty old.