1. If your house has been neglected for five months because of your work schedule, spring break will be a great chance to catch up on everything from home repair to laundry.
2. Your 12 year old daughter won’t see it that way.
3. Though, she might surprise you halfway through break and suggest that you tear out some carpeting.
4. Which will lead to new surprises.
5. When you tell the cashier at the home improvement store that you don’t need help loading your car with your newly purchased sheet of plywood, be sure to take into account how windy it is.
6. Because when the winds are 30 mph, a sheet of plywood acts like a kite and will suddenly fly you across the parking lot all while you’re trying to hold on to said enormous sheet of plywood.
7. And you might look like a fool.
8. But, not as much as when you drive home barely able to see above the dashboard because there is a piece of plywood directly above your head.
9. Yet all of the carpet-cutting, hauling, loading, sawing, reinforcing and sore muscles will be totally worth it.
10. Because your kids will see that mommies can be strong too.