It’s been over four years since I added items to my Life List. FOUR YEARS. That’s just sad.
I revisited numbers 1-20 today and can actually cross off #8 – Paint a picture. Yay, me! Also, I’m closing in on #18 – Sample 100 types of beer. There is only one that I would remove from the original list. Let’s just say I must have really been craving chocolate that day.
I just posted about numbers 3, 4 and 5 yesterday, so clearly those are still in the top five and I registered for my first half-marathon today and that’s number 2. Baby steps, people. Baby steps.
Some of the things will probably never be accomplished, but a girl can dream. That’s the beauty of a Life List. It’s time to make some additions and progress! Let’s get to work, shall we?
21. Learn to play guitar. I can’t sing, though, so I’m not pretending I’ll be like Joni Mitchell. I’m attracted to the soothing strum of the strings.
22. Go on a winter campout. I don’t even like winter, but this has always appealed to me. Maybe because of all the forced snuggling.
23. Hike in Zion National Park. Pictures never do the locale justice, but every picture of this place is so gorgeous, I can’t imagine what it must look like in person.
24. Learn to golf.
25. Participate in an adventure race. Something over 24 hours long. Not in the jungle, or anything, but one that tests the mind as much as the body.
26. Learn to paddleboard. Then practice over some clear, blue, ocean water.
27. Visit the Vatican and attend mass at St. Peter’s Basilica. That place is, like, the Catholic mothership.
28. Float in the Dead Sea.
29. Sit in a natural hot spring. Preferably in a cold place, because hot springs in Mexico don’t sound very appealing.
30. Take a photography class. So I can take beautiful pictures of my adventures.