My nine year old daughter was talking to a friend about going to the doctor.
The friend said, “I hate going to the doctor! I get really nervous.”
My daughter replied, “I hate going to the doctor too! It gives me the shingles.”
On yesterday’s Oprah, Dr. Mehmet Oz and Dr. Michael Roizin made an appearance to tell us we are doing things all wrong, and that our bodies are paying the price. If my body is paying a price, it’s forked out a good $1 million.
After that, Dr. Oz showed us how to do a pull-up. But really, who doesn’t know how to do a pull-up? I can do
not even one like 20 of them.
Then Dr. Oz and Dr. Oprah gave very clear instructions on vitamin intake, because 99% of people don’t get enough of them. Follow closely…
* Take a calcium supplement, but not unless you take it along with magnesium. Calcium alone will constipate you…or as Oprah said, “It’s like having a child”.
* You also need DHA type Omega 3. But, if you can’t find that, you could substitute it with LRS type Alpha 2, or even BZN type Kappa Theta Delta Delta Delta.
* Take vitamin D in case you don’t get enough sun. This includes the entire state of Ohio, October through May.
* If you are over the age of 40, take two baby aspirin. I find these are particularly beneficial if taken with a margarita.
* Split your multi vitamins in half. Take one in the morning, one in the evening and one after watching Dr. Oz on Oprah.
* But there’s more… pre-menopausal women need iron in their multi-vitamin, and no more than 5000 IU of vitamin A. IU stands for International Unit and is completely different than Domestic Unit. Confused? Just wait. Men and post-menopausal women, do not need the iron and shouldn’t get any more than 2500 IU of vitamin A.
They did not give instructions for post-menopausal MEN, because that’s a whole different Oprah show.