Almost five years ago, I started a Life List on this site. FIVE YEARS, people. That’s practically a lifetime in itself.
I started with 10 not-so-easy items, then added 10 more to the list a couple of months later, then 10 more in 2014. Up until a few months ago, I hadn’t accomplished any of them.
But, lately I’m on a roll! I’ve knocked five items off and I want to add a few more things until I get to the magical 100 mark. Of the original 30, two have been removed so I’ll technically have to come up with 102, but challenges are growing on me. I got this.
To review (with new notations):
1. Graduate from college.
Run a half marathon. (Done DID it.)
3. Travel across the United States in an RV.
4. Stand under a Giant Sequoia.
5. Hike into the Grand Canyon.
6. Get published.
7. Become a Certified Interior Decorator.
Paint a picture. (It’s not gorgeous, but it’s painted!)
9. Camp in a tent, on a warm beach.
10. Visit all 50 states.
11. Visit the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem.
12. Get a tattoo.
Taste each chocolate in the Intense collection from Richart Chocolates. (Doesn’t count toward my goal anymore, because I think I really just wanted some chocolate that day. Apparently.)
Go skinny dipping. (You don’t get a picture of this. Also, when I say “dip”, I mean DIP. Because nighttime, ocean, dark, JAWS. Also, don’t tell anyone. Wait…)
15. Grow my own tomatoes.
16. Take a dance class.
17. Learn how to properly skip a stone.
Sample 100 types of beer. (Good golly, that was fun. Thanks to recent trips to four great breweries – Madtree, Landgrant, Lineage and Wolf’s Ridge – as well as an expanding palate, I was able to cross this off!)
Renew my wedding vows with my kids present. (Um…yeah. That’s not happening.)
20. Breed a dog and keep one of the puppies.
21. Learn to play guitar.
22. Go on a winter campout.
23. Hike in Zion National Park.
24. Learn to golf. (With some accuracy.)
25. Participate in an adventure race.
Learn to paddleboard. (I did it! But, there’s no picture because I needed all the hands. Here’s WHERE I did it though. Then my paddleboard sank and I got stung by a jellyfish, but STILL. Done.)
Now for some new meat!
31. See the Northern Lights. They try to tell us we can see these from Ohio sometimes. That doesn’t count.
32. Ride a snowboard. I’ve skied plenty, but I understand this is entirely different. I’m going to need a helmet.
33. Go whitewater rafting.
34. Learn to play the drums. Together with #21, I can be my own band.
35. See a concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater. I love live music. I love the outdoors. Enough said.
36. Ride a Segway. Because, Paul Blart wants me to.
37. See a Broadway show.
38. Canoe or kayak down the Colorado River.
39. Write a screenplay. I’ve told one other person this in my entire life. She wrote me a note that I carry in my wallet. It says I will. I believe her.
40. Go snowmobiling. The only thing better than bitter cold, is bitter cold wind in your face.
Have you started your Life List? What are you waiting for?