The other day, me, my friend Bean and our two families were talking about getting together. We were going to go to Bean’s house.
She said, “If you come over, you need to know that my house is a mess. There is clutter everywhere.”
I assured her, that I completely understood, but I don’t think she believed me. I’m here to tell her that she’s not alone. Here’s why…
This is my dining room table. Also, you should know that we recently ATE at this table while this massive pile sat with us. I had to do a two-armed swoop to push everything to one side, because the only other place to sit is our breakfast nook and that space doesn’t look any better.
Let’s take a closer look, shall we?
1. Lots of socks, because my husband has started doing the laundry and he won’t cart them around like I do. Now, they include one baseball and one softball sock from the games that were played IN JULY.
2. Two first aid kits.
3. Golf balls in a Santa bag.
4. Two mini water bottles.
5. Last week’s clean laundry; some thrown over chairs, some folded, but for goodness sake, NOT PUT AWAY.
6. A coverless book called Magic Eye II.
7. Buried under the book is a stuffed reindeer named Comet.
8. Buried under all of it is a homework assignment. Lucky, for us, it was from three weeks ago.
9. And, the white thing that looks like a tablecloth, is actually the table pad from Thanksgiving dinner.
Stay tuned for next time, when I make Bean feel even better about her house when I post a picture of my kitchen counter!